Data Scientist Software Engineer (DSSE)
As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand will take off in new ways. We are adding to our product to provide a more complete, connected and contextually relevant experience, and have big plans to become the world’s trusted companion for planning travel!
About the Data Science Software Engineer Opportunity
We are looking for a Data Scientist Software Engineer (DSSE) to join our growing team in Melbourne.
In the DSSE role, you will work embedded in a cross-functional product engineering team focused on a specific user outcome across acquisition, engagement and conversion. You will be joining an established community of senior data scientists with computer science PhD backgrounds, focused on growing the business through leveraging applied data science.
Things you may work on include
- Embed in a cross-functional squad with software engineers and subject-matter experts
- Drive product improvements by proposing hypotheses, designing and implementing experiments to test them and communicating learnings from this process
- Develop innovative data-driven solutions to hard problems such as predicting traveler needs and global travel trends
- Increase visibility and understanding of a team’s impact by developing and maintaining team-level KPIs, and communicating the measurement thereof
- Contribute to product development by building and maintaining statistical and ML models
- Develop data accessibility by gathering technical requirements and building new datasets
- Design data collection and processing pipelines, and implement them in collaboration with our product engineers
- Share and review methods and findings across the Data Science discipline
Who we’re looking for
- PhD in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years industry experience in Data Science
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or other technical field
Skills we're interested in
- Experience in carrying out and communicating analysis to academic standards
- Experience manipulating large data sets
- Demonstrable software engineering skills
Nice to have
- Experience with BigQuery or similar data warehouse
- Experience with interacting with Google Analytics 360 data via BigQuery
- Experience with Tableau or similar BI tools
- Experience as a data scientist in a web/app-based consumer-oriented business
- Experience with travel industry
- Experience with programming in C#
Please include a short cover letter with your application, with a brief description of your research / industry experience and how it may apply to Rome2rio. If you have experience listed under “Nice to have”, please provide brief details in your cover letter.
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
We encourage you to apply even if you are still developing some of these skills and have a willingness to learn.