Head of Customer Experience (Data Content)
Rome2Rio helps users discover new ways to go from anywhere to anywhere. We are adding to our product to provide a more complete, connected and contextually relevant experience, and have big plans to become the world’s trusted companion for planning travel!
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Customer Experience to lead and drive the direction and execution of a critical part of our globally recognised product.
At Rome2Rio, the Data Content Team is responsible for managing our high-value inventory of global transport data, to provide travellers with useful, accurate and up to date information to help plan their trips.
In this role, you will lead, motivate and support our internal Data Content team and freelance community of Data Specialists. The team collects transport data such as bus schedules, train routes, fare information and taxi operators from around the world while continually optimising operational efficiencies.
Based in Melbourne, you will be passionate about delivering high-quality travel information to a product that is used by millions of people every day.
What you’ll do
- Leading the team, oversee and drive all operational cadences, including; strategic planning, budget management, OKR progress and importantly data quality and coverage goals
- Develop clear goals for coverage and quality that directly impact the user experience and track ROI efficiency of spend against contribution towards company goals
- Collaborate with the Team Project Manager to optimise current data collection efforts and outcomes in regards to efficiency and scalability
- Work closely with the Product team to influence the delivery of new in-house tooling and features that optimise data curation and quality
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Data Content within the company by sharing your knowledge with others and using it to inform decisions
- Manage existing and new third party relationships to ensure delivery of consistent high quality transport data
- Manage the smooth running and engagement of our global Freelance community
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who is:
- Data driven in prioritising, evaluating and managing initiatives
- Flexible and open to change, with a strong desire to adapt and achieve the best within a constantly evolving environment
- Highly collaborative by nature, ability to work alongside different teams such as Engineering, SEO, Data Science or Commercial.
- Has a genuine passion for travel and understands the importance of providing accurate travel information to help travellers make informed trip planning decisions.
Skills we’re interested in
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Operations Management or Minimum 6+ years of relevant digital project management / operational management experience with significant experience leading large teams working with multiple levels (manager of managers) and working with remote teams
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage budgets and track spend against desired outcomes
- A background in data-driven decision making with the ability to analyse and draw actionable insights from data
Nice to have:
- Experience with Google Analytics / Google Looker Studio
- Experience with transit data types such as GTFS
Alongside building a great consumer focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2Rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 20 days paid dad & partner leave
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
As part of our flexible approach, we are open to discussing part time options.