Rome2rio has a vision to be the world’s trusted companion for planning travel. As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand is taking off in new and exciting ways.
Currently, we have an average user base of ~30 million visitors/month coming to us from across the globe. Users engage with Rome2rio to find the option they want to travel with, book their tickets, and book their accommodation.
Our mission for 2025 is to help users move away from the pain of using many different travel planning tools to make it easier for them to plan, book and share their complete trip on Rome2rio.
To help us on this journey we are looking for a UX Writer to join our growing team in Melbourne.
About the UX Writer
We are looking for a hands-on, versatile and experienced UX Writer who can work collaboratively with the Product Team to create clear and concise user-friendly copy that results in intuitive user experiences.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the user experience across a variety of travel-related projects across Rome2rio to help travellers make informed decisions when planning their trips.
Based in Melbourne, the UX Writer will be a passionate advocate for the user, delivering great trip planning experiences across a product which is used by millions of people every day.
In this role, you’ll get to
- Collaborate with a team of product designers, product managers and engineers to create and improve the user experience across all verticals
- Simplify complex concepts or journeys into intuitive user experiences using clear, concise and compelling copy
- Test and iterate ideas to make sure copy and language resonate with the Rome2rio audience
- Own the evolution and consistency of the Rome2rio tone of voice and common language, help other teams learn to use it
- Produce copy for other areas, this might include editorial articles, destination content, Social, SEO and email copy
A bit about you
- 2-3 years of experience as a UX Writer / Content Designer / Content Strategist with an English degree or similar
- An excellent wordsmith who understands the different types of copy that are needed for specific audiences and channels
- Experience collaborating within UX or Product Design teams
- A self-starter attitude and highly motivated – you’re comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- A great communicator, happy to share your work and get feedback from your teammates
Alongside building a great consumer-focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks of annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 toward international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- Paid parental leave of 10 weeks for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
To be considered for this role you need to be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights. As part of our flexible approach, we are always open to discussing part-time options.
Intrigued? We look forward to hearing from you.