Head of Product
- Richmond, VIC, Australia
- Full Time
Rome2rio has a vision to be the world’s trusted companion for planning travel. As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand will take off in new and exciting ways.
Currently, we have an average user base of ~30mn visitors/month coming to us from across the globe. Users engage with Rome2rio to find the option they want to travel with, book their tickets, and book their accommodation.
Our mission for 2025 is to help users move away from the pain of using many different tools and to make it easier for them to plan, book and share their complete trip.
To help us on this journey we are looking for a Head of Product to join our growing team in Melbourne
About the Head of Product role
We are looking for an experienced product leader to head our talented product and design team of senior product managers and designers.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Head of Product works closely with the Head of Engineering and other leaders and is responsible for owning the product vision and influencing the cross functional teams to deliver the roadmap towards the vision.
The Head of Product will be part of the leadership team in a rapidly growing consumer business that is looking to scale fast in the next 3 years. We have ambitious plans for the future as the travel market recovers and the leader will be able to participate and have an important role in an exciting journey.
Impact you will make
- Owning the product vision for the organisation and ensuring alignment with our strategy together with the leadership team
- Coming up with a plan to deliver the vision and communicating the plans to ensure consistent buy-in across teams
- Partnering closely with the Head of Engineering and operationalising the plan by setting the right team structures working together with other leaders and ensuring alignment on capacity to deliver the roadmaps
- Hiring, mentoring and coaching the Product and Design team, creating professional development plans to ensure we can attract and retain top talent.
- Driving a strong product development process that prioritises learning through experiments, takes constant user input, cross functional perspectives and delivers for the user outcomes that align with the business growth.
- Establishing, tracking and reporting the product performance with metrics that link the activities on the product to the user and business value
- Sitting on the Leadership team, collaborating with the other functional areas of the business and driving the culture of the organisation towards strong employee engagement
- Representing the organisation externally in forums that ensure strong presence as a world class product and team
A bit about you
- A driven and ambitious team-player who is excited by the product, user problems and potential of leading and growing an experienced team
- Data driven in prioritising, evaluating and managing the product development
- Experience in having led teams in high growth environments, with a performance track record
- Worked on strategic initiatives to drive growth for scaling businesses
- Flexible and open to change, with a strong desire to adapt and achieve the best within a constantly evolving environment
- Well-organised and able to manage multiple priorities while striving to focus in the teams
- Worked on large scale consumer products that had millions of users
- Experience in companies/teams which have a strong emphasis on team culture
Skills we’re interested in
- Strong product knowledge and technical understanding of how consumer web/app platforms work
- Ability to set up, read and manage user focused metrics/KPIs at different levels
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills, storytelling ability to bring people on a journey, as well as being able to communicate clearly and with empathy
- Excellent collaboration skills, and the ability to build strong, lasting relationships with both technical, and non-technical team members
Alongside building a great consumer focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- Paid parental leave of 10 weeks for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
As we meet in person from time to time, you need to be based in Victoria, Australia. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights.