Senior Front End Developer (NDeva)
Rome2rio has a vision to be the world’s trusted companion for planning travel. As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand will take off in new and exciting ways.
Currently, we have an average user base of ~30mn visitors/month coming to us from across the globe. Users engage with Rome2rio to find the option they want to travel with, book their tickets, and book their accommodation.
Our mission for 2025 is to help users move away from the pain of using many different tools and to make it easier for them to plan, book and share their complete trip.
To help us on this journey we are looking for a Senior FrontEnd Developer to join our growing team in Melbourne
About the Senior FrontEnd Developer role
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you’ll work within our cross-functional product engineering teams on a wide variety of projects across customer acquisition, engagement, conversion, data coverage and content. You need to have a product and user mindset and a passion to build user value into our products.
An opportunity to work with an engaged cross-functional team that is passionate about building on our product strategy and prioritising user focussed initiatives. Flexibility when and where you work, outcomes focussed on how you work, and an environment where your input is valued. A dedicated leadership team that supports individual growth through internal mobility opportunities and an environment of learning both on the job and externally.
Things you may work on
- Improve and experiment on the core user experience of Rome2rio on desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- Create new components, features and functionality based on our travellers’ needs
- Integrate new train, bus, hotel, rental car and attraction data from APIs and data feeds
- Build tools for our content team to add and maintain data in our system
- Improve the usability and presentation of estimated fares, routes and schedules displayed on the site
- Develop interfaces for user accounts, bookings, history, saving and sharing itineraries etc
- A/B test changes and measure the impact to the site’s design and functionality
Who we're looking for
You’ll have a passion for the craft of front-end engineering and be excited about the prospect of collaborating with a cross functional team to deliver great user outcomes.
We are looking for somebody who is passionate about the Front-End and building user interfaces that are intuitive and that people love. The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and a "get stuff done" attitude are important to us. Our frontend codebase uses TypeScript and the React framework.
Skills we’re interested in
- Experience in HTML & CSS
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Cross browser and cross platform knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Experience in or willingness to mentor team members, review code and contribute to improving engineering practices
- A willingness to help establish and contribute to our design system
Alongside building a great consumer focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 20 days paid dad & partner leave
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
We are open to this role being remote. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights. As part of our flexible approach, we’d be open to discussing part time options.