Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager
As the world starts to travel again, particularly in our core markets of Europe and the US, we know that global travel demand will take off in new ways. We are adding to our product to provide a more complete, connected and contextually relevant experience, and have big plans to become the world’s trusted companion for planning travel!
About the SEM Manager role
We are looking for an SEM Manager to join our Growth team in Melbourne. You’ll be working with a team of experienced Data Scientists and Software Engineers, with a specific focus on managing the performance of new and established SEM campaigns. Rome2rio has a dedicated User Acquisition pod, and your main responsibility is to provide subject-matter expertise in Search Engine Marketing to identify opportunities and guide development, with the goal of driving more engaged users to Rome2rio’s products.
Things you may work on
- Hands-on management of established SEM campaigns
- Design and implementation of new SEM campaigns to scale user acquisition 10x globally
- Coordinating performance acquisition efforts with Europe-based counterparts
- Working closely with Engineering teams to scale and automate campaign deployment and management
- Working closely with Product and Growth teams to optimize the user journey from acquisition through to engagement and conversion via product development and A/B testing
- Influencing decision making by carrying out “deep dives”, and summarizing and communicating findings and insights to stakeholders
- Providing subject-matter expertise in SEM and related products
- Communicating and sharing information with all levels of the business through dashboards, reports and presentations
We are looking for someone who has
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience in managing global campaigns on Google Ads (AdWords)
- Proficiency with data analysis using SQL
Skills we’re interested in
It would be great if you brought experience or a willingness to learn the following:
- Demonstrable oral and written communication skills
- A natural curiosity and affinity for working with data
- An enthusiasm to work closely with non-technical stakeholders in finance, marketing, product, engineering and commercialization (not all at the same time!)
Please also mention in your application if you have any of the following:
- Experience working with Google Ads (AdWords) data via BigQuery
- Experience with travel industry
- Experience with managing SEM campaigns in German/Italian/French
Alongside building a great consumer focused product, working with a talented team and an attractive salary, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including:
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget of $3000
- 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 20 days paid dad & partner leave
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- A hybrid working model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
We value diversity and welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.
As part of our flexible approach, we are open to discussing part time options.